Radial: old parts to new art
The Radial artist books I created a few years ago have a new look at the upcoming IGCA 100×100 show in Anchorage. It’s a happy day when artwork leaves a storage box and finds a new use: I rehung these pieces on a circular plywood backing to make them easier to handle and to take advantage of cast shadows.
- 24″ round, plywood backing
- 7 laser cut artist books made with a 60W laser and 3mm Baltic birch plywood
- Hand sewn to create spiral stacking
- Spacing created with specimen pins (for dissection!)
- Recycled latex paint sprayed to create ombre color gradients
Planning sketch using Adobe Illustrator:
Check out the show of affordable local artwork at the International Gallery of Contemporary Art, Anchorage, this Friday from 5-8pm.